Friday, May 18, 2007

Movies I'll probably see in the theater this summer.

I couldn't think of a witty title, and I figured it was better to be direct than not funny. The summer movie season is just around the corner (Memorial Day to Labor Day), and I usually see more movies in the theater in the summer since TV is on a break. Here's what I'll probably see in the theater this summer:

1.Ocean's 13
-It opens just in time for Father's Day, and while the second was a far cry from the first, it was as good as alot of the other dreck that comes out.
Opening: June 1

2.Nancy Drew
-I loved the books when I was young, so I'll stop in and see how the modern Hollywood version turns out. I'm not sure the modernization will go well though, part of the charm was in the time period of the 1960's versions I read (although these were modernized from the original 1930's setting).
Opening: June 15

3.Ratatouille
-Pixar film about a gourmet rat living in a French restaurant- 'nuff said.
Opening: June 29

4.Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix
-This will be hard to avoid, and good to see on a big screen.
Opening: July 13

5.No Reservations
-Rom-drom (com?) about a chef who becomes the guardian of her niece, and falls for another chef. Adapted from a German film, so its probably better than the cliche it sounds like; plus it stars Catherine Zeta-Jones and Abigail Breslin.
Opening: July 27

6.The Bourne Ultimatum
-This is the film I'm most looking forward to seeing this summer.
Opening: August 3

7.Becoming Jane
-Supposed true story about Jane Austen's great love affair that inspired her novels. Stars Anne Hathaway.
Opening: August 3

Of course I'll still be working on my 1001 movies quest and see some others by chance. Is there anything I missed that I should see?

1 comment:

Samer said...

We jus saw Pirates last night with a bunch of friends/co-workers.

Very long movie! but it was entertaining.

I agree the Bourne will probably be the best of the summer movies.