Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Life is like a movie. Only you can't pick your genre. -Scream (1996)

It's movie trivia time once again. As some of you may have noticed, or not noticed, I've been posting one question or post title quote for every movie in 1001 MYMSBYD that I've seen--no repeats so far. To keep track of this I added a column to my spreadsheet, which also allows me to count how many have been covered (after this post it's 57). I'm not sure what I'll do when I, inevitably, catch up to my watched movie total. I'm guessing repeats, maybe an all Casablanca week, although the accuracy of those answers doesn't have the best track record so far. Anyhow, that's a long way in the future because my watched movie number recently surpassed the 200 mark and now stands at 205. This gives me 24 and 2/3 weeks before I run out, assuming I stop watching movies now. It's nice to have some breathing room. So here's this weeks crop:

1. What was the name of Citizen Kane's castle?

2. What two words appeared on Regan MacNeil's body in The Exorcist?

3. What Casablanca cast member played Prince John in The Adventures of Robin Hood?

4. What film featured the line: "Fat man, you shoot a great game of pool"?

5. What 1930 movie ended with a soldier being shot dead as he reached out for a butterfly?

ETA: Answers in the coments

2 comments:

anne57 said...

1. Xanadu
2. Help Me
3. Claude Rains
4. The Hustler
5. All Quiet On The Western Front

J. Bowman said...

In Xanadu did Orson Welles
A stately pleasure-dome decree?