Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Baby, did you forget to take your meds?

I listen to music on my iPod on the Metro to work, at work, and on the Metro home again. Usually this amounts to 125 songs a day. Here are the top ten song lyrics that arrested my attention from whatever I happened to being doing at that moment today (in the order I heard them) with artist, song title, and lyric sample:
-Placebo, Meds, 'Baby, did you forget to take you meds?'
-Doors, Break On Through, 'You know the day destroys the night; Night divides the day; Tried to run; Tried to hide; Break on through to the other side'
-Simon And Garfunkel, Baby Driver, 'My daddy was the family bassman; My mamma was an engineer'
-The Shins, Turn On Me, 'So affections fade away, and do adults just learn to play, the most ridiculous, repulsive games? On the faith of ruddy sons, and the double-barreled guns,you better hurry, rabbit, run, run, run.'
-Moondance, Michael Buble, 'And all the nights magic seems to whisper and hush; And all the soft moonlight seems to shine in your blush'
-Brandi Carlile, Closer To You, 'Someday we might learn to tell the truth; We might even find the fountains of our youth'
-They Might Be Giants, Whistling In The Dark, 'Theres only one thing that I know how to do well; And Ive often been told that you only can do; What you know how to do well; And thats be you, Be what youre like, Be like yourself'
-Snow Patrol, Open Your Eyes, 'Get up, get out, get away from these liars; Cause they don't get your soul or your fire'
-Foreigner, Blue Morning Blue Day, 'Blue morning, blue day, won't you see things my way?'
-Bare Naked Ladies, If I Had $1,000,000, 'If I had $1000000 we wouldnt have to eat kraft dinner, but we would!'

No comments: