Thursday, April 26, 2007

I came into this game for the action, the excitement. Go anywhere, travel light, get in, get out, wherever there's trouble, a man alone.-Brazil (1985)

I'm going on vacation today. I'll be gone for a week, so this is an expanded edition of movie trivia.

1. Whose giant door bore a sign reading: "Bell Out of Order, Please Knock"?
2. What Cary Grant film was about U.S. flyers in the Sout American port of Barranca?
3. What film offered the dying words: "Can you see the gray over there where our castle is? I'll wait for you until you come"?
4. Who played Paul Newman's younger brother in Hud?
5. What was the name of the inflatable automatic pilot in Airplane!? (spelling counts)
6. What film contained the line: "I'll live to seee you-all of you-hanging from the highest yardarm in the British fllet"?
7. What film had Dustin Hoffman say: "I'm sorry that I was late, but I was trying to make a living, okay?"?
8. What city was the setting for Garbo's Ninotchka?
9. What 1945 movie saw Ray Milland thrown out of a nightclub for stealing a woman's purse?
10. What allegedly drove Ben Gazzara to murder in Anatomy Of A Murder?

I'll post the answers when I get back.

ETA: Answers in the comments.

3 comments:

anne57 said...

1. The Wizard of Oz
2. Only Angels Have Wings
3. Wuthering Heights
4. Brandon de Wilde (also the young kid in Shane
5. Otto
6. Mutiny On The Bounty
7. Kramer vs. Kramer
8. Paris
9. The Lost Weekend
10. The rape of his wife

J. Bowman said...

Managed to get three, including Otto (he played himself). Clearly, I need to watch more movies - up to 230 on the list now!

anne57 said...

I'm up to 197, I've got a long way to go- further than you anyhow. I'll probably post a mid-year update at some point, since statistics and numbers make my engineering self happy.